This week I am in Hong Kong. I have travelled up here for business meetings which will now be a monthly occurrence.
After now being in my new tech role I feel that I am starting to get into the swing of things. I still have a lot to learn, but I now have a good understanding of the issues and what is required. It certainly has been a steep learning curve.
So how am I managing to keep up with my full-time job as well as running my boutique, but also have time for my six-year-old daughter? It all comes down to being organised and sticking to a routine. I am not quite there yet, but I’m getting close to being able to manage it all.
So, as I’m sitting in a rooftop bar with amazing views of Hong Kong, I’ve decided to write about what I love and hate about Hong Kong
- Food – Lots of variety and exciting options. There are food stores everywhere you turn.
- Fast paced atmosphere – I am a city girl at heart and love all the different streets and how nothing seems to stop.
- Beautiful views – From most of the top hotels the rooftops have bars where you can take in the stunning views of the harbour and surrounding mountains.
- Shopping – Plenty of good shopping. They are obsessed with beauty products here. You can get anything!
- Climate – Love the seasonal weather. Always humid and love hot weather.
- Smokers – Unfortunately there are smokers everywhere. Smoking in outdoor restaurants is my pet peeve. You can’t sit anywhere without being surrounded by cigarette smoke.
- Crowded trains – Need I say more, they are packed at peak hour and still crowded most of the day.
- Dangerous taxi drivers – I will never get a taxi from the airport again. Not if I want to make it alive to my hotel anyway.
- Lack of vegetarian options – They lack in this regard. At functions, I always end up with the worst thrown together food ever. There is usually only one or two choices also in restaurants.
Have you been to Hong Kong? Please share anything you love or hate about it below.